- About Calloway’s
- Information Center
- Store Locations
- Garden Club
Thu, 04/28/2011 - 18:10 — Kimberly Bird
Flowers, Flowers and More Flowers
March 29, Day 4 – Tuesday
First stop, Sakata!
- ‘Emperor’ is such a lovely green leaf larger plant.
- ‘Ambassador’ has great heat tolerance and Inferno is super large.
- SunPatiens® has a spreading series that is vigorous and grows 2 to 3 feet and is said to equal the impact of a ½ flat of Vinca. Cold tolerant to 20° and loves the heat, too!
- Astra – Platycodon grandeflorus is beautiful and uniform.
- Gerbera – long stems, standard varieties and unique varieties.
- Edible greens with ornamental leaf patterns inspire design ideas!
- Unique Pansy introductions.
- Super Danova Primula acaulis offer taller stems.
New Fall Color Options:
- Prima Primula malacoides is very scented and under-utilized in Texas gardens. It blooms a week or two earlier than other Fall options and could be covered with frost cloth during freezes to provide an alternative Winter color for Texas gardens. Likewise, SunPatiens and Cyclamen are good Winter color options!
- Osteospermum Side Show in ‘Yellow Globe’ is new.
- Super Nova for November Primula poly antha provides a flower well above the foliage.
- Single Primula ‘Fire’ is a nice specialty item.
|Prima Primula Malacoides||Multiple Color Primulas||Primula 'Fire'|
The visit to Takii is a treat!
- Canna Tropical Rose
- Flowering Kale Songbird Series – 3 colors including pink, red and white. They are more compact and upright for better rain drainage than other series. The color intensifies when temperatures regularly drop below 55° to 60°.
- Hem Genetics Dianthus
- ‘Diana’ is an early Spring variety with lovely color options. ‘Lavender Picotee’ is new and the select mix, blueberry and crimson flame are lovely.
|Canna Tropical Rose||Flowering Kale Songbird|