- About Calloway’s
- Community Relations
- Our Credentials
- Our Promise
- Our Story
- Our Vendors
- Pots of Posies
- Investor Relations
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities
- Garden Info
- PlantMaster Answers
- Garden Calendar
- Plants and Care
- Flower Carpet Roses
- Native Plants
- Native Texas Shrubs
- Shubs for Structure
- Crapemyrtle Care
- Fruits , Vegetables and Herbs
- Pruning Crapemyrtles
- Problem Identifier
- Store Locations
- Garden Club
Distinctively Better shrubs, trees and perennials
Look for the customized Monrovia Boutique within each Calloway’s and Cornelius garden center. You’ll find a collection of plants suited to your style, which have been specially selected by Texas Certified Nursery Professionals to perform well in our region.
Your unique look
Your garden should be a reflection of your unique style. Explore Monrovia’s Design Inspiration gallery to learn how to achieve that signature look. Then head into Calloway’s Nursery and Cornelius Nursery garden centers to make that dream a reality.
- Cottage Style: Reminiscent of a romantic English cottage garden.
- The Contemporary Garden: Bold, architectural plants and an emphasis on hardscapes of stone, wood and concrete epitomize this style.
- Tropical Garden: The tropical garden has one foot in the exotic South Pacific and the other in the Equatorial rainforest. Lush and a bit mysterious.
- Zen Garden: An outdoor space characterized by its calm, simplicity and space for quiet contemplation.
- Eco-Friendly Style: Work with nature, not against it! The ideal eco-garden is made up of native species, and often becomes habitat for birds and butterflies.
- A Classic Garden: Proving that elegance and simplicity never go out of style, classic gardens are all about symmetry and balance.
An eco-friendly choice
As a globally responsible company, Monrovia “keeps one eye on the plant and the other eye on the planet” always striving to do what is right for the plants they produce and our world. A few of Monrovia’s green initiatives include:
- Seeking plants with a high degree of natural pest and disease resistance, thereby limiting the need for pesticides both in the nursery and in the gardener’s landscape.
- Use of beneficial insects, natural microorganisms and organic mulches to help reduce pesticide use.
- Recycling water used in growing their plants. Monrovia was the first major nursery to recycle irrigation runoff in the late 1970s.
- Hand-weeding of each of the 22 million plants at five growing locations reducing the herbicides required.
- Converting field vehicles from gasoline to propane.
Select Monrovia plants from Calloway’s and Cornelius with confidence. Monrovia’s commitment to “enhance the beauty and value of the North American landscape – one garden at a time” ensures you are getting something special when you take home a Monrovia plant.
Monrovia uses 40 different proprietary soil blends for growing their plants. The soil includes optimally-aged compost, beneficial mycorrhizae fungi*, and trace minerals to ensure the plants’ optimal nutrition and long life. Properly-cured compost is added to improve the soil structure, enabling it to hold more nutrients and reduce the need for fertilizer and supplements.
We’re proud to partner with Monrovia to offer plants from a quality grower. We take pride in carefully maintaining and caring for our Monrovia selection so gardeners get the healthy, fresh plants that thrive in Texas gardens.
*Monrovia is one of the few growers to add mycorrhizae fungi to their soil. Mycorrhizae are a group of beneficial organisms that grow along the root zones of host plants, enlarging the root’s surface-absorbing area by as much as 100 times. Mycorrhizae dramatically enrich the soil and help reduce transplant shock, stress from drought, soil borne diseases, water usage and reliance on fertilizers. Each time you plant a Monrovia plant in your garden, you’re actually improving your soil!