- About Calloway’s
- Information Center
- Store Locations
- Garden Club
Distinctively Better shrubs, trees and perennials
Look for the customized Monrovia Boutique within each Calloway’s and Cornelius garden center. You’ll find a collection of plants suited to your style, which have been specially selected by Texas Certified Nursery Professionals to perform well in our region.
Your unique look
Your garden should be a reflection of your unique style. Explore Monrovia’s Design Inspiration gallery to learn how to achieve that signature look. Then head into Calloway’s Nursery and Cornelius Nursery garden centers to make that dream a reality.
- Cottage Style: Reminiscent of a romantic English cottage garden.
- The Contemporary Garden: Bold, architectural plants and an emphasis on hardscapes of stone, wood and concrete epitomize this style.
- Tropical Garden: The tropical garden has one foot in the exotic South Pacific and the other in the Equatorial rainforest. Lush and a bit mysterious.
- Zen Garden: An outdoor space characterized by its calm, simplicity and space for quiet contemplation.
- Eco-Friendly Style: Work with nature, not against it! The ideal eco-garden is made up of native species, and often becomes habitat for birds and butterflies.
- A Classic Garden: Proving that elegance and simplicity never go out of style, classic gardens are all about symmetry and balance.
An eco-friendly choice
As a globally responsible company, Monrovia “keeps one eye on the plant and the other eye on the planet” always striving to do what is right for the plants they produce and our world. A few of Monrovia’s green initiatives include:
- Seeking plants with a high degree of natural pest and disease resistance, thereby limiting the need for pesticides both in the nursery and in the gardener’s landscape.
- Use of beneficial insects, natural microorganisms and organic mulches to help reduce pesticide use.
- Recycling water used in growing their plants. Monrovia was the first major nursery to recycle irrigation runoff in the late 1970s.
- Hand-weeding of each of the 22 million plants at five growing locations reducing the herbicides required.
- Converting field vehicles from gasoline to propane.
Select Monrovia plants from Calloway’s and Cornelius with confidence. Monrovia’s commitment to “enhance the beauty and value of the North American landscape – one garden at a time” ensures you are getting something special when you take home a Monrovia plant.
Monrovia uses 40 different proprietary soil blends for growing their plants. The soil includes optimally-aged compost, beneficial mycorrhizae fungi*, and trace minerals to ensure the plants’ optimal nutrition and long life.