- About Calloway’s
- Information Center
- Store Locations
- Garden Club
Thu, 07/05/2012 - 15:20 — Sarah Martinez
Recycling + Gardening = Good Times
Join us for Callie’s Kids Tin Can Planting event!
Gardening is one of the most eco-friendly activities you’ll ever engage in. And recycling is tops on the list of “green” practices. Combine the two and what do you get? Fun!
There will be good times and lots of learning at the next Callie’s Kids event on July 18. Little hands will be busy with our popular “Tin Can Tomato Planting” session.
How can the kiddos get in on the fun? It’s simple.
- Click here to get all the details and registration form.
- Recycle! Save a can from the garbage and clean it up.
- Bring your can to the Callie’s Kids event.
- Learn about the tomato plant and how it grows.
- Hear about the importance of recycling.
- Decorate your tin can.
- Get to planting! Fill the can with soil and plant your tomato seeds!
We look forward to seeing you there. And while you’re in a recycling mood, consider saving some cans for the grown-ups at home. Tin-can planting isn’t just for the kids! Click here to check out some cool ideas on the popular ReadyMade.com blog.