- About Calloway’s
- Information Center
- Store Locations
- Garden Club
We have a huge area under a tree all the grass died off and the tree roots are showing due to dirt erosion.
1. tree is 18 years old
2. grass used to be bermuda under the tree
3. the dirt extends from the tree trunk to the tree drip line
4. the rest of the grass is bermuda
5. the spot under the tree is in shade all the time
6. the dirt erosion is showing the tree roots quite a lot now
7. tree is about 35 feett tall and 25 feet in diameter under the drip lone
If you choose to sod underneath the tree, be sure not to fill more than 2-3 inches of soil on top of the existing soil. Much more than this could damage the tree. Your grass choices include St. Augustine from sod or plugs or Fescue, usually grown from seed.
Thanks for your inquiry.