- About Calloway’s
- Information Center
- Store Locations
- Garden Club
Calloway’s Nursery, Inc.
Calloway’s Nursery, Inc. is an independent Texas-based garden center founded by local nurserymen, Jim Estill, John Cosby and John Peters. Calloway’s operates 16 stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth market and two stores in the Houston market. Nearly 100 of the company’s employees are Texas Certified Nursery Professionals.
The company opened its first garden center in the spring of 1987 in Richardson, Texas, and by the end of that spring the company expanded with three additional stores in the Dallas area. Calloway’s continued to grow rapidly expanding into the Fort Worth market and entering the Houston market through an acquisition. In 1999, Calloway’s acquired Houston-based Cornelius Nursery.
Calloway’s prides itself on offering advice to gardeners of all levels from Texas Certified Nursery Professionals, educational store environments by facilitating weekly gardening clinics, displays and instructions to aid gardeners with design and color development in their yards and a diverse product selection of plant varieties.
Calloway’s offers a variety of gardening products including: flowering annual and perennial plants, trees, shrubs, vines and interior house plants. The company also sells gardening-related products such as imported pottery, tools, fertilizers, soil amendments, mulch and potting soil. In the Fall, Calloway’s has the largest selection of specialty pumpkins, squash and gourds. During the Christmas season, the company sells fresh-cut trees, living trees, premium Poinsettias, wreaths and garland. In Houston, the Cornelius Nursery stores offer a complete gift shop including custom arrangements.
What are you looking for? Calloway’s can help!
Learn more about Calloway’s Nursery by visiting these pages.
- Our Story - Learn more about our corporate team and their passion for horticulture.
- Investor Relations – Review a list of our quarterly reports from the past five years.
- Newsroom – Media representatives can view this page for the latest news at Calloway’s and Cornelius Nursery.
- FAQs – Visit this page to see a list of frequently asked company and gardening questions.
- Corporate and Store Contact Information – We have 17 Dallas and Fort Worth locations and 2 Houston locations. Learn more about them here.
- Employment Opportunities – We hire people with strong work ethics and a passion for gardening. Learn about available opportunities here.
- Promotion – We understand that value is important to everyone, so we have special door-buster sales throughout the year. Check out our promotions page for upcoming sales, and join our Garden Club to stay informed.
- Community Relations – Calloway’s and Cornelius Nursery sponsor two community programs: The Good Neighbor (HOA) Program and the Community Sponsorship (Donations) Program. Learn how you can get garden gift cards for your neighborhood, community or non-profit organization from Calloway’s and Cornelius Nursery! We also support the Lena Pope Home as a part of our ongoing community support.